The winningest all-time coach in Texas HS Football history, G.A. Moore, has resigned as coach of the Aubrey Chaparrals and retired for the second time. Moore has had stops at Bryson, Celina, Pilot Point, Aubrey and Sherman over a coaching career that began in 1962. In his time as a head coach, Moore has collected a grand total of eight state titles.
His career record over his coaching tenure is undoubtedly one of the most impressive marks in high school football across the country with a 426-92-9 total record.
Before his first retirement in 2004, Moore had returned to Pilot Point for a five year stay prior to leaving Celina. Moore left Celina in 2001 and left long-time assistant Butch Ford in charge of the Bobcat program. Ford retired as coach last week after compiling a record of 122-16 over 10 seasons.
The current winningest active coach is now Phil Danaher at Corpus Christi Calallen with a career mark of 380-94-4.
Celina coach Butch Ford has announced his retirement.
Butch Ford replaced GA Moore at Celina in 2002 after serving as Moore’s longtime assistant and compiled a 122-16 record in 10 seasons as Celina’s head football coach. Offensive coordinator Bill Elliott will be promoted as Bobcat head football coach.
Since 2002, the Celina Bobcats has made four state championship appearances while winning the title twice. The titles came in 2005 against Paul Pewitt (28-12) and again in 2007 against China Spring (21-14).
GA Moore is still coaching at Aubrey and currently is the winningest coach in Texas HS Football history with a career mark of 426-92-9.
The first look at the ESPNU 150 for the Class of 2013 was released on Tuesday and it includes 19 Texas HS Football players. Sealy’s Ricky Seals-Jones and Whitewright’s Tyrone Swoopes are in the Top 10 of the list while Darius James of Harker Heights sits at 19. They are listed in the following order:
7. Ricky Seals-Jones (WR – Sealy)
9. Tyrone Swoopes (QB/DT – Whitewright)
19. Darius James (OC – Killeen Harker Heights)
28. Derrick Griffin (WR/TE – Rosenberg Terry)
36. Keith Ford (RB – Cypress Ranch)
50. LaQuivonte Gonzalez (ATH – Cedar Hill)
51. Kohl Stewart (QB – Houston St. Pius X)
53. Dontre Wilson (ATH – DeSoto)
78. Jake Raulerson (OT – Celina)
85. Justin Manning (DT – Dallas Kimball)
87. Kent Perkins (OT – Lake Highlands)
89. Maurice Smith (CB – FB Dulles)
101. Joas Aguilar (OG – Birdville)
103. Jamar Gibson (WR – Goose Creek Memorial)
106. Chris Johnson (QB/DT – Bryan)
111. Jacorey Warrick (WR – Cypress Falls)
133. A’Shawn Robinson (DT – FW Arlington Heights)
138. Mike Mitchell (OLB – Plano Prestonwood)
147. Antwuan Davis (CB – Bastrop)
MaxPreps/CBS Sports recruiting analysis Tom Lemming has unveiled the Top 100 for the Class of 2013 and it features 11 Texas HS Football Payers. Whitewright’s Tyrone Swoopes and Sealy’s Ricky Seals-Jones are the only two of the eleven that are named in the Top 10 of Lemming’s initial list.
The Texas HS Football players on the list are as followed:
4. Tyrone Swoopes (QB – Whitewright)
6. Ricky Seals-Jones (ATH – Sealy)
20. Darius James (C – Killeen Harker Heights)
32. Cody Thomas (QB – Colleyville Heritage)
54. Jake Raulerson (OT – Celina)
58. Antuan Davis (CB – Bastrop)
62. Torrodney Prevot (DE – Alief Taylor)
70. A’Shawn Robinson (OT – FW Arlington Heights)
76. Derrick Griffin (WR – Rosenberg Terry)
77. Kent Perkins (OG – Lake Highlands)
86. J.T. Barrett (QB – Wichita Falls Rider)
You can view the entire list by clicking this link and visiting our friends at MaxPreps.com. The next update to the list will come in June.